PCI provided design, engineering, programming, FAT Testing, installation, start-up, and maintenance for the Department-wide SCADA Control System, a multi-phase, multi-million dollar upgrade program encompassing DWSD’s water distribution system, wastewater collection system, and WWTP. PCI was responsible for the design, assembly, testing and implementation of the new Department-wide instrumentation, Control, and Computer System (ICCS). We trained more than 700 DWSD operators, maintenance technicians, and engineers on the new ICCS, as well as maintained the system for the duration of the contract.
The ICCS upgrade project covered more than 1,200 square miles and included the new System Control Center, WWTP, five water treatment plants, 23 treated water booster pump stations, five high-lift pumps stations, 10 wastewater lift stations, three Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) basins, and more than 170 remote radio telemetry sites monitoring level, pressure, and discharge over the 1,100+ radio SCADA network.
PCI was responsible for the Integration of the control and SCADA solution which included installation of the System Control Center (SCC) that monitors and controls the entire water distribution system and wastewater collection system. In all:
1. The project consisted of a complete Control System network architecture that featured more than 40 integrated SCADA systems monitoring the controls of approximately 30,000 I/O points.
2. A Systems Control Center and an additional Backup Control Center.
3. Support to the Systems Integration & Operations Divisions with ISA Certified Level III, II, I and Instrument Technicians and Engineers for the following positions:
- Control Instrument Engineers
- Principal Engineers
- Field Service Engineers
- Senior Technicians
- Junior Controls Technicians
- Reliability Consultants
4. These services included, but were not limited to, installation, maintenance, repair, analysis, evaluation, and investigation of electrical and electronic equipment for the Central Services Facilities (CSF) to include the Meter Shop, Systems Control Center (SCC), and Process Networks and SCADA Systems (PNSS); Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP); the five Water Treatment Plants; and numerous remote and CSO locations.